This is my first post and I thought what better topic, than write about one of my favorite places in India- Goa!! It’s the end of October and officially the start of peak party season in Goa. Are you planning a trip to the hottest beach destination in India some time soon?
So, in case you are deciding on which places to head to, when in Goa this time, here are some of my favorite restaurant/lounge recommendations that you could check out. Most of these places are in North Goa, specifically in and around Vagator, cuz “according to me”, that’s predominantly where the new party scene lies. 😀
I absolutely love Vagator for its laid back non-commercial vibe. It is also one of the places, where lot of new upscale lounges are coming up so you don’t have to go too far if you are put up there.
Okay, so without further adieu, here goes my top 5 recommendations:
- Fat Fish, Arpora– Want to try some authentic yumm Goan food? Well, look no further! This place offers amazing ambience, delicious food (especially seafood and Goan curries) and spot-on service. I absolutely loooove the prawns here!! A must visit on every trip to Goa.
- Club Cabana, Arpora– Now this by far has been my favorite clubs in Goa. Its hilltop setting, neon lights and an amazing pool deck under the night sky, just makes it perfect to spend a night partying with friends.
- Chronicles, Vagator– This is one of the few proper beach bars in our country. It is beautifully set against the rocky Vagator beach and specializes in Italian food. It is a perfect place to watch the sunset while enjoying a drink. Unfortunately, it is currently closed, but they are planning to open soon, hopefully in time for the peak Christmas season this year.
- Waters Beach Lounge and Grill, Vagator-This is relatively a new lounge in Goa, and is more of an upscale place which offers a romantic setting for couples and again lovely views of the Goan sunsets. It can be a little tricky to find this one, I hope they have improved their approach road.
- Thalassa, Vagator– This is highly recommended by all my friends for the food. I am not a big fan of Greek cuisine, but I loved the place for having a breezy lunch while feeling the wind in my hair. With its Santorini like white and blue decor, this is a very popular place (you might spot some celebrities too! :)), so do book in advance to get the best beach-facing seat.
I am sure, lot of you would have visited some of these places. If you haven’t, do check them out and let me know how you liked them.
I would also love to hear some of your recommendations for updating my to-do list for my next Goa trip. So please drop in your comments and until then, happy traveling!! 🙂